WotD Archives – December 2011
December 30th, 2011
1. Lacking skill, cleverness, or resourcefulness in handling situations; inept.
December 29th, 2011
1. To release from fetters.
2. To free from restraint; liberate.
December 20th, 2011
2. Translucent; clear.
December 19th, 2011
1. Having well-shaped buttocks.
December 15th, 2011
1. Apparently good or right though lacking real merit; superficially pleasing or plausible.
2. Pleasing to the eye but deceptive.
December 14th, 2011
1. Dirt, filth, or any undesirable substance.
December 13th, 2011
1. A state of extreme agitation.
December 12th, 2011
1. Overabundance; excess.
2. Pathology Archaic, A morbid condition due to excess of red corpuscles in the blood or increase in the quantity of blood.
December 9th, 2011
1. Not credulous; disinclined or indisposed to believe; skeptical.
2. Indicating or showing unbelief.
December 8th, 2011
1. A thicket of small trees or bushes; a small wood.
December 7th, 2011
1. Out of keeping or place; inappropriate; unbecoming.
2. Not harmonious in character; inconsonant; lacking harmony of parts.
December 6th, 2011
Anecdotal /AN-ik-doht-l, an-ik-DOHT-l/
1. Based on casual observations or indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis.
December 5th, 2011
1. portending evil or harm; foreboding; threatening; inauspicious.
2. having the significance of an omen.
December 2nd, 2011
1. Hazy, vague, indistinct, or confused.
2. cloudy or cloudlike.
3. Of or resembling a nebula or nebulae; nebular.
December 1st, 2011
1. Fragrant; smelling.
2. Suggestive; reminiscent.