20 Days of WoW Blogging Challenge: Day 8 – 10 Things You May Not Know About Me
I amended the title of this one to “may not” seeing as my blog audience can vary wildly. Some people have known me forever, some people have gamed with me for years, some people know me through my blog and some people may just be finding me today!
(If so: Welcome!)
Day 8 – 10 Things You May Not Know About Me
- I sleep better when it rains. There is something infinitely soothing about the steady patter of raindrops. The repetition tends to make me sleep quite well. Perhaps that is why rainy days make me just want to curl up with my dog and read and be lazy.
- My dog is named for the main character in my favorite book. Her name is Ender, from Orson Scott Card’s Ender’s Game. I have read that book at least once per year since I was about 18-19.
- My absolute favorite song is Moby’s Porcelain, from the Play album. Moby is my favorite artist, and Porcelain is easily my favorite song by him. Play is just an all around great album.
- I am a hopeless romantic. Perhaps that is why I enjoy writing. Through writing I can express how I see the world – or would like to. I enjoy movies and books that can move me enough to make me cry.
- I love the piano. I cannot play, even though my mom is a piano teacher, but I think the fact that there has always been a piano in her house has soaked into the depths of my subconscious. Of all the music that I listen to, it tends to be any genre that includes some sort of piano accompaniment that really grabs a hold of me.
- My dream car would be a Volkswagen Golf bio-diesel hybrid. I have a 2004 VW Golf TDI and I love my car. After I bought my car, VW stopped selling Golfs in the US and I have been impatiently awaiting them to bring it back. I also want them to bring the hybrid version here so I can buy one and convert it to bio-diesel.
- I love office supplies – especially pens. When I was younger and in school, my favorite time of year was right before school started and we went shopping for school supplies. The school clothes never excited me much (perhaps why I own like 3 pairs of shoes and spend the majority of my time in jeans), just the school supplies. A new box of crayons is a happy moment for me. And I loved having a cool looking pencil box with my favorite pens, pencils, erasers and so forth. This has stuck with me to adulthood, and I am very fond and specific about notebooks and pens. Notebooks, I prefer 6×9 spiral-bound, and pens have to be either G2’s or the occasional Uniball Jetstream (which is the only ball point pen I will use by choice). It is very uncommon to catch me without a pen and notebook, work or otherwise, and I am quite protective about my pens.
- I am mildly OCD. Clutter tends to wreck my ability to concentrate – at least where I can see it, as I suppose you could call me a packrat, since I have trouble getting rid of things. (This carries over into WoW also, and my bank toons…) But many things I am very specific about. Like my toothpaste – if it is all squeezed up it throws me all off and I have to push it all up to the top of the tube. And I prefer things in their certain place all the time. If something is not where I think it is, I tend to scramble and the less scrambling I do the better.
- I really wanted to be a Veterinarian when I grew up. I have always loved animals, in fact, I tend to be more fond of them than people sometimes. For example, action movies where the main characters shoot people and blow stuff up and chop off heads – eh. But if an animal gets hurt in a movie, I tend to get all mad and weepy. Like, the new version of the Thing that just came out – the dog is the first one to day. <cry> I also have a tendency to watch Animal Cops when I do watch TV, and that show is just so wonderful and upsetting all at the same time.
- I love sushi. I had a friend convince me to try it about four years ago, and I have been hooked since. Unfortunately, I never have anyone to go have sushi with anymore. 😦
And that is about it. Tune in tomorrow when I talk about my first blog post.