Hunters by the Horde
Tomorrow is JD’s send off from WoW, and after looking at the list on attendees for both Karazhan (on Horde) and ICC (on Alliance) I realized that the Karazhan run would be my only chance to run with one of my favorite Tauren – Navimie!
So first, I posted my epiphany to Twitter:
Okie, so I just dropped a bomb on Laz about transferring toons to Horde, so I can go to Karazhan w/JD @Ancient8 @NavimieDruid #candidcamera
Followed shortly after by a conversation with Laz resulting in:
@NavimieDruid @Ancient8 Yup, looks like just me (Laz has a lot less toons heh), but probably my Hunter. Suggestions of a server?🙂
So, moving my Hunter Vaadaree to Horde…
Later in the evening, during raid breaks, I began to ponder a Hunter race:
Okie, Twitter, I need your help! What Horde race should I faction transfer my Hunter to?
Each race was tossed around in turn, and each was pondered…
I not real fond of the idea of a Goblin, because I seem to have a negative association with Goblins – I enjoy too much listening to them die in PvP. Being happy to hear my own character die seems counterproductive.
An Undead is not out of the question, they have good racials, but they are not very attractive…
Blood Elves are great transmog characters, of which I have none at high level.
Tauren seems a solid choice. The female Tauren are growing on me (perhaps because I have so many blogging friends who use theirs as transmog models). 🙂
Orcs have great racials for being a Hunter. Hmm…
Then, there was a race in the back of my head that did not come up over Twitter or in other conversation, but I am thinking might be perfect – a Troll. They have great racials. In fact, a Troll could be blue-skinned and therefore keep my Hunter’s name Vaadaree, which I am quite fond of. (In fact, it almost became Effy’s new name when Laz and I left Trollbane to go to Eonar.)
So a few important factors to consider in this change:
- Vaadaree means “blue” – to keep the name, I really should keep the skin color, but a new name is not completely out of the question. I could always make another Draenei. heh
- MUST! Whatever race I choose has to look good in my Lorence Set and the half-Lorence Set Vaa is currently wearing.
- MUST! Obviously, if my Hunter is wearing my Lorence Set, she has to look good running around with Lorence.
Time for a Horde Hunter fashion show!
Vaadaree – Lorence Set
- Head – Brigade Circlet (Optional)
- Shoulders – Dragonstalker’s Spaulders
- Chest – Crimson Mail Hauberk
- Wrists – Hidden
- Hands – Gauntlets of the Dragonslayer
- Waist – Heavy Timbermaw Belt
- Legs – Inferno Forged Leggings
- Feet – Ravager’s Sandals
- Back – Relentless Gladiator’s Cloak of Dominance
- Shirt – Lavender Mageweave Shirt
- Weapon – Windrunner’s Bow
- Weapon – Swarming Sting-Staff
And now to see both that outfit (on the right) and the pieces I have thusfar (on the left) on each of the Horde races.
It is so hard to decide! But I must. And therefore… Troll Vaadaree it is!
Final Thoughts: I have a confession – Vaadaree has been a Troll before. So my final decision my have been a tiny bit biased by that. ><
And also, the more I see those boots, the more I realize they have to go… <jumps back into MogIt>